Tuesday, January 12, 2016

So, I'm a runner...

One of my favorite stories of my childhood was when I was visiting my grandparents at their home in the country my grandpa and I decided to have a race the width of the house. You read that correctly, the width not the length. He bet me $1 if I won. My grandma yelled go and I took off as fast as my little chubby legs could go and I won! Turns out the reason I won was because my grandpa got such a kick out of all of my "motion" that he couldn't run from laughter. I think that was my first time I realized I was not a runner nor was I going to be fast. Many more times throughout my youth would continually remind me of this and I decided to just be strong and not fast. 

Fast forward to a couple of years ago and I had a minor procedure done to repair some damage from childbirth and I felt like running. I started with small distances of 5k's and thought that's where I should stay. I soon ran a half marathon and am now hooked on distance running. 

This past Saturday my running group and I completed 16 miles. I mean, dang, 16. miles. I was also given a compliment that I was the most steady runner of us all, me, a steady runner. I'm really excited to see what the future of my running career holds! Here is my group after the 16 miles where the entire time it felt below 10 degrees! Brrr, but we did it! #lrmarathon


No comments: