Sunday, February 26, 2012

1st day back!

Well we started back from maternity leave a little earlier than I had planned. I was supposed to go back March 12th but Jack was not handling maternity leave well and needed to go back to school and some structure. We went back on February 23rd because it was Nolan's 3 month birthday and it was also a Thursday. That way we would only have to go through two days of school and then be off. I figured it would be best to not start off with a full week!
Jack was so excited about starting school back and he even handled the first day of waking up at 5:50am pretty well. All the kids at his school were so excited to see him and were in his face all day, which overwhelmed him a little bit. It was good for him to be with his friends though and play and talk with other 4 year olds!
Nolan was great on his first day as well. The ladies said he never cried and was just the happiest baby! This kid is really easy.
I thought it was funny at work for me that most people asked me how I was doing with taking the kids to school that day. Most people were looking for me to be really upset maybe even tear up a little. Now, with Jack yes I did....when it is your first kid and they are going to a daycare you do worry about them. Now though, I've been through it, I know what to expect and everything will be ok! If I was dropping him off at some shady place, which I would never do, then I would be worried, but these people at Jack's school have taken excellent care of Jack and I know they will do the same for Nolan. So, two days down and many more to go!! All is well in the Hinkson household!

No comments: